Monday, April 2, 2012

A nice weekend

Hello World!

I had a really great weekend and I hope you did too!

On Thursday evening I had a quiet night at home and read. I read all evening, and really enjoyed The Hunger Games. I just started the second book today.

On Friday after work I met up with my sweet friend Elly. We went to a great local ice cream place called the sweet spot and had delicious cool treats while we caught up some. We spent about three to five hours of quality time a week together last year, and this year I have definitely had a dearth of Elly. So it was great just to sit and talk about nothing at all. Then I hit to road to head over to Orlando and spend time with my honey. When I got to Orlando, he and I went through the usual argument (the only one we have really) Where do we want to eat? I don't care whatever you want is fine with me, okay well I want whatever you want. Well you pick, no you pick. So there you go. Finally he made a decision, and mislead me about what it was, and then we drove off in the car and ended up at a Tex-Mex place I love called Amigos. It was delicious as always. I had a chicken and chorizo quesadilla, it was meaty goodness. We went back home and watched an episode of the BBC robin hood, which I thought was stupid and called it an early night.

Saturday morning we headed out to lovely downtown Winter Park. I wanted to check out the farmer's market, which was great but a little overwhelming. We'll have to go with a little more of a plan next time. I got some delicious yellow tomatoes and we moved on. We walked back in forth on park ave. Looked into a neat shop selling tea and spices that had some really neat stuff but was far out of our price range and then finally chose a place to have a meal. The Winter Park Shipyard Brew pub is basically on Rollins campus and was walking distance. It has a really nice seaside fresh atmosphere and the food was very tasty. Not the best brews ever, but that is a-ok. We had a nice dinner at home, I made yummy little drop cookies and we watched the history channel's " How Beer Saved the World." It was pretty interesting/ hilarious.


Post about Sunday and today in just a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment