Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I know it's been a while...

Hello World!

I know it has been quite a long time since my last post, but my world has been a whirlwind!

You know that paper I was writing about in my first post? I am half-way done now and will be finally graduating in July.

Which brings me to some other exciting news: I am getting married in July! On the 21st, I will marry the greatest guy I have ever known. I know what you are thinking, wow that's fast. And it has been a really quick engagement.
There are a few reasons Ricky and I decided to have a short engagement:
 1) when you know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
2) Ricky has some black-out dates at work when he cannot take off more than a day at a time. This was a problem because it was really important to us to go on our honeymoon as soon as we got married.
3) My job ended at the beginning of June, and getting married in July will put us in less of a lurch for me to find a new job.

I am so excited about being married to Ricky, I can hardly wait the 32 days that remain. We were engaged on April 22. You can find out more about our proposal and such at our weddin' website: lexiericky.ourwedding.com.

Our wedding is going to be in a rustic chic sort of style, and I have had a really good time planning with my mama. It has been stressful, and there have been some little snafus- but I have heard this is true of every wedding. So I am just rolling with it. After all if we end up married and have a good time with our friends and family, what more is there?

For our honeymoon we are going on a 5 day Caribbean cruise and I am so excited. I have always wanted to go on a cruise, and it should be perfect for a honeymoon. Since everything is included we won't have to worry about anything, which sounds pretty good to me.

More to come about this soon! And I am sure I will have much more fun stuff to blog once I am wed!

No comments:

Post a Comment