Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Excited and Exhausted

Start with positives:

Finish my paper this week! A two year monkey off my back, sounds good!

Going to get our marriage license tomorrow. :)

Bridal shower are my mama's bestie's house. I am really excited but a little nervous too. No idea what to expect and I have no clue what to wear. I know it will be fun though, I have to stop worrying. Diane's daughter, Taryn, went to pastry school and is making my cake. And while I don't know yet I am sure she will have something fun for the shower too!

And... another bridal shower the week before the wedding. Nicki, our close family friend and the wife of our pastor is throwing it for me, and I am very excited! She is an excellent entertainer, a detail obsessor like yours truly. She and one of my favorite Nursery mama's Aja are working together. Aja is so much fun, I hope I can still be a zippy as she is when I am a mama (Her boys are also some of the world's greatest kids). So I am really excited about it.

My wedding is only 25 days away! The most exciting thing of all.

Reasons for exhaustion/stress:

My Wedding is 25 days away! There is so much still to be done: decorations, figuring out flower stuff, payments, and who even knows what else.

Finishing this paper, I am such a thinker but not really an academic. It's like pulling teeth. I am also afraid that my professors will once again think my paper is not good enough and I will be in the same place I was in May 2011. But, I don't need to think about that.

I am so broke. :/

My mom and brother left town on Sunday. This left me as sole guardian for my 14 year old sister. 14 year olds are exhausting. Especially when you are trying to get them ready for a convention and a camp and get last minute items, pack everything, explain why some wardrobe selections are unwise all while being loving and patient. I am really glad Ricky and I want to wait a bit for kids. I need a bit more patience first I think! Luckily, she isn't too bad of a gal- and she headed off for FFA convention this morning!

All this rain freaks me out, and my mom's bathroom ceiling began leaking Sunday night.

Since I hit the one month till the wedding mark, I haven't been able to sleep. Like maybe 8 hours of deep sleep in the past 4 days. This has to stop, any tips are appreciated.

I tried on my dress last Thursday and it was a little too small! Mega diet mode right now. I am thinking it may be from starting the pill? They say that makes a lot of people gain weight.

So here is where I am at: Keep Calm and Carry On...




No comments:

Post a Comment