Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hungry, Why wait?

Yesterday was a nice day with the family. As soon as I got back from Orlando, I went to get an appointment for a haircut. My mane is driving me insane!

When I got home, my mom and Moriah were still sleeping (Dakota was off to legoland with our good pal, Ben). They got up and ready and we went to see the Hunger Games. It was really good. I am mostly past the whole oppressive dystopian literature thing, but one must admit those stories are compelling on some basic freedom instinctual level. I was an enjoyable film, and I do love Woody Harrelson and Jennifer Lawrence. Donald Sutherland is great at the understated evil thing in the role of the President. Oh and Lenny Kravitz was sweet and groovy. My mom will now surely make me read the books, which is fine.

Then we had lunch at Chick-Fil-A which always makes me happy.

Dakota and Ben returned from Legoland and we had a nice dinner, an appreciation of the bounty our Florida weather allows. Fresh corn, ripe tomatoes, watermelon, fresh green beans, biscuits and thinly sliced steak. It was delicious. Then I made some brownies from scratch (not my favorite recipe) to go with our fresh strawberries. It was tasty. My mama, Ben and I watched the Blind Side together (I love that movie).

It was a nice and relaxed day.

Today we are cleaning the house. Moriah and I are going to get our haircut; I think I am going to go back to my signature pixie. Then I am babysitting for a family I have yet to sit for, which always makes me nervous but I am sure it will go just fine.

Best,
Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment