Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Busy Weekend

Hello World!

What a busy weekend I had June 28-30th.

On Friday, I spent basically all day in the library and finished up my paper! It is now totally complete and emailed in to my professors, I am waiting to hear back from them on a date to defend my paper. After my paper was all taken care of, I needed to go home and change to get ready for the first premarital counseling session for Ricky and me. It went great, I know we made the right choice of minister for us. We were very comfortable with him and the conversation was easy but insightful. One of the rules already laid down is fine by me: After marriage, dating must continue. I like the sound of that. I am excited for our session next week, when we will go deeper into a discussion of Real Love.

After our counseling session we rushed off to the cheesecake factory to meet my family and Ben for Ben's birthday dinner. Even though it took Ricky an hour to park with how busy it was, it was really fun.

Ricky and I at Cheesecake Factory

On Saturday morning we had my bridal shower thrown by Mrs. Diane. It was so lovely, so many sweet ladies showed up and we had a great time. Moriah and my mom had planned some cute little shower games, my mom did a version of the newlyweds game- where she had emailed Ricky some really tough questions that I had to guess the answers too. That was a little daunting, since I just don't like being put on the spot ever. But it was still fun. And boy am I blessed. I received so many wonderful gifts from our family friends. Ricky and I now have an awesome new vacuum, as well as many wonderful things for our kitchen.
Vacuum!

Le Creuset salt and butter crocks!

Right after the shower we ran home, loaded up the car and drove up to Atlanta. So Sunday, June 30th was a long day!



Since, I started the draft of this post over two weeks ago, I am just going to call it done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment