Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kitchen Shower from the ladies of Stetson Baptist

I am so blessed! The ladies of Stetson Baptist threw me an amazing shower. Nicki was such a gracious hostess, who organized something awesome! It touched my heart to be prayed over, I think since the engagement the shower was maybe one of the first times I had heard someone pray for Ricky and I and our marriage. I teared up a little but luckily no one saw since we all had our heads bowed.

Nicki had matching invites, recipe cards, gift tags, and thank-yous made to match my kitchen colors for me:

(they didn't have the things blurred out in real life)
Cute Mint green invite

So, two of my most wanted items on the registry were two I least thought I was going to get. My kitchen-aid mixer and multi-clad Cuisinart cookware (basically this is a more affordable and often better rated version of AllClad). Nicki organized the shower so that each person contributed to a fund to buy me these items! Wow. What a blessing. I had seen in the registry (Nicki calls me a registry stalker, I am just not good at surprises, never have been), that the pots and pans had been bought a while before the shower- and I felt to blessed just by that. I teared up a little then and kept thinking how amazing it is to have such generous and wonderful people in your life. 

But I had no idea at all that I was getting the mixer too! I didn't even know the half of how blessed I really am. (I am sure I still don't know the half of it when we take so much for granted.)

There were so many wonderful ladies at the shower, ones who have known me my entire life and those who are new friends from the past few years. It is such a wonderful feeling to be loved on by so many people. Thank you to all!

Okay, now pictures (also courtesy of Nicki):

Moriah, me, and Mom


The gracious host Nicki and I


Table of cute and delicious offerings
My pots and pans!



A little teary

What's this? No Way...



AWESOME SURPRISE

Excited

Cake Cutting






No comments:

Post a Comment