Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Georgia

After the busy weekend we had a few days in Georgia with family (and a splash of friends!). It was a little hard being away when I knew how much there was to get done at home, but I am glad we got to go for a bit. One of the main reasons we headed up there was to drop Moriah off at camp, every summer since she was 7 or 8 she has gone to Winshape summer camp. It is an amazing place run by Chick-fil-a, Moriah is on a first name basis with Trudy Cathy. So on Sunday July 1st we dropped Mo off at camp. Then Mom, Dakota and I spent several day doing things with my seven-year-old cousin Elijah who is going the be the ring- bearer at the wedding. He is fun but exhausting (as almost any kid that age is). Over all it was a nice trip with lots of bowling, family and a few fireworks.
My cousin Chris with his Sparkler

Elijah and Dakota

Dakota and I being silly

Cousins and Mark's girlfriend for Christmas in July


On Tuesday night we also had an opportunity to go and spend sometime with great friends who just recently moved to the ATL metro area. Jeff and Melody Dowdy are awesome folks! Jeff was the youth pastor at our church for a very long time, starting when I was in 8th grade, he was my initial choice for the wedding and their family has been a huge part of our lives. Even though they had only been gone a couple weeks, it was great to visit for a while. :)
Me, Jeff, and Dakota


No comments:

Post a Comment